The Chamber Music Retreat is designed for string players and pianists (and occasionally other instrumentalists) who love to play, want a chance to work on their chamber music skills, and would like to share their enthusiasm for music with old and new friends for a weekend at Garth Newel. No professional experience is required or expected. Preference will be given to pre-formed groups in the application process.
The weekend is full of chamber music coachings, rehearsals with fellow participants, reading sessions, a final performance by retreat groups, recreation, great food, company and conversation.
Please register early, and join us for this weekend of fun and friendship, packed with unforgettable musical experiences!
March 19-21, 2020
Fee: $320 which includes all chamber music coachings, seminars, performances, meals and snacks.
- Manor House Rooms
- Stradivarius Suite: $125 + tax per night ($136.63 total)
- All other Manor House rooms: $120 + tax per night ($131.16 total)
- Giles Cottage: $250 for the first night; $200 each additional night
- Green Room Apartment: $200 + tax per night ($218.60 total)
- Ensemble playing
- Listening skills
- Rehearsal and practice techniques
- Musical interpretation
This program has been made possible, in part, with support from ACMP Associated Chamber Music Players. You can learn more about ACMP’s programs and membership at www.acmp.net