Garth Newel Music Center (GNMC) seeks to hire a violist to be part of the resident ensemble—the Garth Newel Piano Quartet (GNPQ)—whose members serve as Artistic Directors of the organization and work together year-round to carry out the Center’s artistic mission of enriching lives through inspired chamber music performances, educational programs, and other artistic initiatives.
The dual role of Resident Musician/Co-Artistic Director includes the following responsibilities:
- Perform the majority of concerts per year at the Center as well as concerts on tour
- Participate in the Quartet’s audio and video recordings and promotional activities
- Teach/coach for Garth Newel’s educational programs
- Engage audiences through introductory remarks during concerts and through post-concert activities such as shared meals or receptions
- Create, manage, and administer diverse, year-round concert and educational programs
- Develop new programs and partnerships both at the Center and off-campus
- Hire guest artists
- Participate in fundraising activities
- Extensive experience in performing and teaching chamber music
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Master of Music degree or equivalent professional experience
- Strong organizational skills
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include full medical, dental, retirement match, and paid time off.
Please email the following application materials to email@example.com
- Statement of interest
- A current resume or CV
- Names and contact information for at least three (3) references
- 3 links to video samples of your work as a chamber musician (link to YouTube, Vimeo, Dropbox, Google Drive, or similar platform).
- Review of applications will begin on September 5, 2021.
Expected Start Date: May 1, 2022.