403 Garth Newel Ln
Hot Springs, VA 24445 United States + Google Map
After a year of saying “we hope to see you all at Garth Newel soon”, we can excitedly announce that our “hope” is soon to be a reality! We plan to open our doors for live events for our 2021, 10-week Summer Chamber Music Festival which runs July 4th weekend through Labor Day weekend. The venue will be open in compliance with guidelines from the Virginia Department of Health with limited-capacity seating for live concerts in Herter Hall, enhanced cleaning and sanitation measures, and protocols that promote safety. We will be updating our website soon with the schedule of events, so be sure to check back for more details!
Garth Newel Music Center is committed to the health and wellness of our clients, guests, and staff, and our staff members have completed OSHA’s “Workplace Infectious Disease Control” training. Your safety is paramount to us and our guests are expected to adhere to the following procedures:
- All reservations must be made in advance; there will be absolutely no admittance without prior online reservation in order to ensure that we adhere to strict capacity limits.
- Capacity will be limited to 40 individuals in compliance with the statewide Executive Order.
- Concerts will be held in the 3,000 square foot Herter Hall, leaving ample space for physical-distancing of six feet between parties – required at all times before, during, and after the event.
- All attendees must wear masks at all times.
- All attendees are encouraged to use hand sanitizer upon entrance and use of restrooms.
- Individuals in a single household may sit together but must observe social distancing from other attendees.
- All chairs and surfaces will be sanitized before and after the performance.
We will update you as restrictions begin to loosen and the guidelines change.
Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you all again soon at beautiful Garth Newel!
Stay with Us
Complete your Garth Newel experience by spending the night on our 114-acre mountain property. After an evening of music, food and drink, enjoy a short walk to our 1920s Manor House. The spacious and comfortable rooms are quaintly decorated and the original art on display gives you a glimpse into our creative past. A continental breakfast is served in the morning.
The Dining Experience
Garth Newel Music Center has a long tradition of culinary excellence paired with inspiring performances. After many of our concerts our resident chef, Josh Elliott prepares a meal served right in the concert hall. The musicians join the audience in sharing good food and great company.