Be a part of Garth Newel Piano Quartet’s debut performances at stunning venues in Oxford, Norfolk, and London
This summer, the United Kingdom will celebrate a first-ever event – the Platinum Jubilee of Elizabeth the Second.
Marking The Queen’s 70-year reign, next June will be a time of celebrations, and Garth Newel – its artists and patrons – will help with the festivities. Garth Newel Piano Quartet will give public concerts in Oxford, Norfolk, and London of all different programs
This is your opportunity to join the celebrations as Garth Newel prepares to launch its own 50th season of superb chamber music!
Tour Itinerary and highlights:
June 16–18. Three days and nights in Oxfordshire
- Blenheim Palace
- A day in the Cotswolds
- Oxford’s most iconic university buildings: Sir Christopher Wren’s Sheldonian Theatre; James Gibbs’s Radcliff Camera; the Bodleian Library, an Oxford college; and the Holywell Music Room, where the Garth Newel Piano Quartet will give its first public concert in Europe’s oldest purpose-built concert hall (1748).
- Celebratory dinner to follow
June 19-21: East Anglia’s County Norfolk
- Cambridge University’s King’s College and the famous Gothic King’s College Chapel
- Her Majesty The Queen’s residence Sandringham House
- Houghton Hall.
- Holkham Hall
- During our last night in Norfolk, the Garth Newel Piano Quartet will give its second concert of the tour in Old Hunstandton a village close to the North Sea, followed by a second festive dinner.
June 22 – 25: London
- Ely Cathedral
- Hampstead Heath and Kenwood House
- Greenwich, home of the Royal Observatory; Sir Christopher Wren’s Old Royal Naval College; the Royal Maritime Museum; the Cutty Sark; and Inigo Jones’s Queen’s House
- Buckingham Palace and the Royal Mews, with special Jubilee exhibitions
- Final concert—and London debut—of the Garth Newel Piano Quartet—at St. James’s Church, Piccadilly
- Grinling Gibbons. Our final celebratory and farewell dinner will be held at the In and Out Club.
We trust you are ready for a great venture with the Garth Newel Piano Quartet. Registration forms are attached, and registrations will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis. We cannot be more enthusiastic about this opportunity to celebrate both The Queen AND the Quartet’s coming 50th season!
About Art and Architecture Tours LLC:
John W. Braymer, Ph. D., is president of Art and Architecture Tours LLC. The retired chief executive of the American Institute of Architects/Virginia, Founding President of the Branch Museum of Architecture and Design, and Founding Publisher of Inform Magazine, Mr. Braymer has organized numerous tours for the Center for Palladian Studies in America, of which he was Treasurer and Director for many years, AIA/Virginia, and the Virginia Center for Architecture. He has a Ph. D. in English Literature and studied architectural history as a graduate student, and he is an alumnus of the Attingham Summer School (UK) and numerous Attingham courses. He is a member of the International Confederation of Architecture Museums.
Stay with Us
Complete your Garth Newel experience by spending the night on our 114-acre mountain property. After an evening of music, food and drink, enjoy a short walk to our 1920s Manor House. The spacious and comfortable rooms are quaintly decorated and the original art on display gives you a glimpse into our creative past. A continental breakfast is served in the morning.
The Dining Experience
Garth Newel Music Center has a long tradition of culinary excellence paired with inspiring performances. After many of our concerts our resident chef, Josh Elliott prepares a meal served right in the concert hall. The musicians join the audience in sharing good food and great company.