UPDATE: Due to the uncertainties surrounding the pandemic, we will not be accepting online applications as we normally do for the summer of 2021. We still hope to hold our Emerging Artist Program this summer, though we may not have as many Fellowships available as we normally do. If you are interested in applying for a Fellowship, please email cellist/co-artistic director Isaac Melamed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TENTATIVE DATES: July 12th to August 9th, 2021
Application fee: $30 on or before February 10 – $60 after
Application Review begins after February 10th
Applications submitted after this date will be reviewed as positions are available
$250 registration fee due upon acceptance.
Students will be notified of acceptance by April 1.
The Emerging Artist Fellowship Program is a four-week, intensive chamber music program for string players and pianists ages 18-28. Both individual instrumentalists and pre-formed ensembles are encouraged to apply. Highly competitive fellowships are awarded to dedicated instrumentalists who will receive lessons and coachings from the Garth Newel Piano Quartet and other renowned faculty. Each participant receives a Fellowship Award valued at $3,000, which covers the cost of tuition, room and board.
Contact Isaac Melamed, Cellist/Co-Artistic Director, for more information: email@example.com
- Multiple ensemble coachings every week.
- Weekly master classes.
- Opportunities to perform with members of the Garth Newel Piano Quartet and other renowned guest musicians.
- Numerous performance opportunities at Garth Newel, the immediate community, and in neighboring towns.
- Free admission to all summer festival concerts.
- Garth Newel Music Center sits in the heart of Virginia’s Allegheny Mountains. With its rural setting and breathtaking natural beauty, Garth Newel offers a striking parallel to the organic wonder of music.
Application Requirements (to be completed as part of online application)
- List chamber music repertoire which you have studied and/or performed.
- Answer a few questions about yourself, your personal goals, and where chamber music fits in your life.
- Submit at least two video samples of contrasting style. Pre-formed group applicants should include ensemble recordings as well as individual samples.
- More info and online application HERE
NOTE: If applying as a pre-formed group, each member should submit a separate application.
Faculty: The Garth Newel Piano Quartet
- Teresa Ling, violin
- Evelyn Grau, viola
- Isaac Melamed, cello
- Jeannette Fang, Piano