Contact Us / Employment Opportunities
Applications are now being accepted. Materials should be post-marked no later than Friday, October 12, 2018
Garth Newel Music Center Foundation
Development and Marketing Coordinator
Title: Development and Marketing Coordinator
Reports To: Executive Director
Classification: Full-Time – Hourly – Non-Exempt
Salary: Upper $30,000/year to low $40,000/year depending on experience
The Garth Newel Music Center Foundation is nestled in the heart of the Allegheny Mountains in rural Bath County, Virginia. The Center, now in its 45th season, is a year-round arts organization which seeks to inspire audiences and nurture the human spirit through the shared experiences of performance, education and advocacy of chamber music. Founded in 1973, the Garth Newel Music Center earned an Acclaim award in 2012 for its contribution to the cultural and economic life of the region and in 2018 was recognized by the Virginia Commission for the Arts as one of the Commonwealth’s Bedrock Institutions in the Arts.
The Development and Marketing Coordinator is a new position and will work collaboratively with the executive director to oversee the comprehensive fundraising activities for the organization. In addition, the Coordinator will assist in the development of marketing pieces, help organize and execute a yearly marketing plan and participate in the maintenance of the website. By necessity, excellent customer service skills are required. Effective written and verbal communication are vital to the position.
- Work closely with Executive Director to create and execute a comprehensive annual fundraising campaign.
- Oversee planning, volunteer recruitment and logistics for development events and galas, maximizing value of dollars spent.
- Process gifts, and acknowledgements.
- Manage and update a complex database in an organized fashion, create new accounts when necessary in preparation of a comprehensive capital campaign.
- Organize/create Prospect/donor lists for reports.
- Actively participate in strategizing to raise funds for the Foundation.
- Additional support at all concert and fundraising functions
- Provide excellent customer service to members in person and over the phone.
- Prepare a yearly comprehensive marketing strategy.
- Work closely with the Director of Operations to successfully adhere to budgetary guidelines, prepare financial reports for internal development meetings.
- Act as the liaison to graphic design team for both marketing and development activities, including website.
- Help to maintain the organization’s website and ticketing program
- Coordinate social media outreach
- Assist in developing press kit materials for resident Garth Newel Piano Quartet
- Assist in coordinating outreach touring with Garth Newel Piano Quartet
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED and at least 4 years of experience in arts management or public relations which includes two years marketing, fundraising or sales activities, or equivalency required.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement is preferred. Degree completion will be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required.
- Experience writing news releases, producing newsletters and organizing special events and fund-raising activities preferred.
- Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
- Experience in non-profit arts management prioritized.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Previous events experience.
- Strong sense of organization.
- Ability to generate ideas and collaborate with others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven record of outstanding customer service.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively with little or no supervision.
- Budget-conscious and motivated to increase revenue and donor growth/retention.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- GiftWorks or similar donor database experience prioritized – or a willingness and ability to master the use of a complex database system.
- Familiarity with Hoot-Suite or other social media integration strategies.
- Familiarity – or a willingness to master ticketing system Eventbrite.
- Familiarity – or a willingness to master Constant Contact.
- Familiarity – or a willingness to master WordPress.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- No or very limited physical effort required. May need to lift up to 30lbs.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
Send a cover letter, current CV or resume, a writing sample of 3-5 pages and three professional references to:
Garth Newel Music Center
Attn: Shawn Puller, Executive Director
PO Box 240
Warm Springs, VA
For questions please contact:
Shawn Puller, Executive Director
Materials should be post-marked no later than Friday, October 12, 2018.