8th Annual Garth Newel Piano Quartet Composition Competition
- Is there an entry fee?
- There is no entry fee.
- Can I submit a work digitally?
- Yes, you may send your materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Recordings that are too big can be sent via Dropbox or google drive. Just make sure you are sending it without your name attached, and that you include a PDF of your biographical and contact info labeled "do not open until after the results are determined".
- Do I need to send a recording?
- Yes, you must send an audio realization of your work in order to be considered. We accept midi realizations as well as student readings of the work.
- I have a recording of my piece in another version with different instrumentation. Can I send that as my recording, even though the submitted work is scored for piano quartet?
- We ask that your recording be of the instrumentation that your submitted score calls for. If your work has been premiered, recorded, or published in another version/instrumentation without significant changes, then it is not eligible.
- What do you consider a "professional premiere"?
- By professional premiere, we mean a public performance of a work by professional musicians. We also ask that the composition is a new work that has not been premiered by another ensemble in order to be eligible for this competition.
- My composition has been self published. Is it still eligible?
- If your composition has been made available for purchase or public distribution, it is not eligible.